Mission & vision
C-mine is a creative hotspot for artistic talent, clustered on a site with a unique heritage in industrial mining. Rooted in the past, C-mine’s aim is to help shape the future.
We achieve this by forging strong partnerships and entering into dialogue with actors from various artistic fields; by involving the wider community in a versatile environment, focused on study, research, design, innovation and reflection.
- to elevate artists, performers, entrepreneurs, students, ... above their own individual capabilities and ambitions;
- to inspire the culturally interested, amateurs of heritage sites, students, children, visitors, tourists and locals alike, with new insights and experiences;
- to invigorate the urban environment and the wider region by offering artistic and design-oriented innovation and creation.
It’s C-mine's ambition to work with all campus residents towards
- developing a community that provides both its own members and outside visitors with ideas and inspiration;
- offering a high-quality artistic visitor programme in the visual and performing arts, design and film;
- excelling, via this innovative and international programme, in the areas of development, production, presentation, participation and reflection;
- ensuring authentic connections on the site, with the local neighbourhood(s) and other sites in Genk, including Thor park and LABIOMISTA;
- becoming one of the leading creative sites in Limburg, Flanders and the Euregion.
C-mine is an open house for all, despite age, income, sex, gender, sexuality, skin color, cultural background or religion. C-mine does not tolerate discrimination, abuse or harassment of any kind. We try to provide a framework before, during and after an event, to make the experience as safe as possible.
Do you feel unwell, unsafe or dicriminated? Do you have a question or a remark, or would you like to share your voice with us? C-mine is always there for you, reach out to our staff. You can recognize us by the neon landyards. You can also reach out to us by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.